Saturday, January 31, 2015

i hate men

you tell her to step inside
your office and take a seat.
but you have no office.
you are just saying it in
a metaphorical way to get
her to loosen up and relax,
to tell you once again
why she hates men
and will never date again.
she says, I might even
switch to the other side
meaning becoming a full
fledged lesbian. you don't
question her. you listen
and nod. it's what you do
for her. sometimes she'll
walk your dog when you
are away, so you're even
in that regard.
you lean back, put your
hands behind your head,
you are a coffee shop
Sigmund Freud, a veritable
Jung in tennis shoes
and shorts. You put your
finger to your chin
and you say words like
interesting and I see,
pulling at a non existent
beard. you are such a
good listener she says
after exhausting herself
telling you why she hates
men. I could talk all day
with you, but I can't. I
have to go, I have a lunch
date with a man
I met online. he has a boat,
so we might sail
this afternoon. he said
to bring a bikini. do you
think that's a red flag?

No comments: