Thursday, March 27, 2014

pancakes

what do you think of my
legs, she asks you,
sticking them both
straight up in the air
as she lies on the bed.
which one, you ask.
the one with varicose
veins or the one with
the scars from your
motorcycle accident?
either, she says, or
both. I work out now.
I walk two miles a day
and I do this thing
with a rubber ball
and a stretch band.
I saw it on tv one night
and couldn't sleep
so I ordered it.
I've been doing it for
a week now. do you
notice the difference?
pretty shapely, you say.
not too shabby.
I'm getting the ab
stretch band ball
thing next week.
it only takes nine
minutes a day.
this tire around my
gut will be gone in
no time, she says,
grabbing a roll around
her white fleshy
stomach. you'll see.
can't wait, you say.
now let's go eat some
breakfast. pancakes?
she says excitedly,
yes, you say.
pancakes!

No comments: