Thursday, March 27, 2014

big jo from texas

did I tell you I'm
from texas
big Jo tells you
as she puts a shine
on her white
boots. sure am, she
says. I was junior
miss texas once.
a long time ago.
I set the record
for twelve year
olds at the rodeo.
she looks out
the window, longingly
as if staring
at a sheep.
have I ever shown
you that picture
of me lassoing a sheep.
no, you say.
please, I'd love to
see it after
we're done eating
this fine barbeque
you cooked. oh, I
didn't cook it. i got
it from the place
up the street. I
don't cook anymore.
my husband got all
the cook ware when
we split up.
he got the horses too
and the grill.
I loved that grill.
let me get that
photo album for
you. enjoy that barbeque
while i look for it.
I'm so glad you came
over. we have so much
in common.

No comments: