Monday, November 23, 2009

The Bride and Groom

My needs are not being
met. You know exactly
what I'm talking about.
Don't turn away, don't
roll your eyes
and cast that glare
at me. I know that
look, you learned
it from your mother,
didn't you? Yes.
I feel a cold coming on
in the form of your
shoulders. Both of them,
going into the deep
freeze aren't we?
Maybe you have another
headache. I should have
invested in aspirin.
Well I hope you snap
out of it before the
wedding, We've put alot
of time and effort,
not to mention money
into this event,
and I won't let you
screw it up. My family
is driving all the way
from Jersey for this
thing, and Aunt Mimi is
in a wheelchair, so
act like you're happy,
just for one day,
will you? Where the hell
is that number for
the cake maker. Cakes R Us.
I told that woman
specifically when we were
there five layers not
three, and I get this
receipt and it says three.
And we want vanilla,
right, with pudding in
between? Hello, can you
hear me, vanilla?

3 comments:

rkrobdog said...

Now about the bridesmaid dresses. I want them to be a soft green, not as blue-green as a robin's egg, but not as yellow-green as daffodil buds. They should just be a sort of grayish-yellow-green. The flower girl's dress. I'd like her dress to be yellow. Not just yellow; a very lively yellow. Something bright; sort of the color of butter. The table linens. There are some little dots in the floral background, and it's these dots I want to match - exactly. Not the little greenish dot near the hollyhock leaf, but the little bluish dot between the rosebud and the delphinium blossom. Is that clear? Are you listening to me? My dress is to be white and the total focus of the day. Not a cold, antiseptic hospital white. A little warmer, but still, not to suggest any other color but white. And my mother’s dress must match this thread. It's the only spool I have and I had an awful time finding it, so don't lose it like you lose everything else! As you can see, it's practically an apple red. Somewhere between a healthy winesap and an unripened Jonathan. If you screw this up...

Anonymous said...

someone's been channeling myrna loy.

dialogue lifted nearly verbatim from 'mr. blandings builds his dream house.'

Stephen Chute said...

who in the ham sandwich is myrna loy? was she in the original king kong movie? going to google her now. hmmm.