Tuesday, December 12, 2017

let's go climb that mountain

that mountain over,
I tell her as we drive along
the back roads
looking for a berry farm, that
mountain over there,
let's go climb it.
she looks at me and says
nothing.
no i'm serious I tell her.
wouldn't it be fun.
an adrenaline rush?
after we pick a few pints
of berries,
lets get some rope,
a pick axe and give it
a whirl.
maybe we can stop and get
a pair of boots too.
the ones with the pointed spikes
on the bottom.
she points to the top
of the mountain and says,
what do you see up there.
I flip my sunglasses off
and look.
snow?
yup, she says, and dead
stupid people.
see all those red parkas.
green winter snow coats
dotting the snow capped
mountain.
the ones that aren't moving
but imbedded in the ice?
yes. I do.
well, let's stick with picking
berries honey.
did you bring your gloves?
the vines can be prickly.

No comments: