Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Santa Cruise

at last i meet
her married boyfriend
of seven years.
a white mustache
across his sunburned face.
she calls him piggy,
because of how
pink he is
and he calls her kitty,
because i guess
he reminds her of a cat,
or something.
he's the former water
skiing Santa
of Old Town.
i'm not impressed
as he gives me a fishy
hand shake.
he looks like captain Kangaroo
on a bad day.
fat and sad.
a white belt holds up
his baby blue pants.
he's a former coke head
and the leader of a geezer
band.
still married, he promises
the mistress, my anorexic,
covert narcissistic,
psychopath,
and suicidal fiancé
nearly
everything
as he takes her out on his
new big boat,
the Santa Cruise.
this, this fellow,
this tax cheating adulterous
man is my
competition for her hand?
obviously there's a lot
here, i don't understand.
i've got a bad feeling about
this. help me,
dear lord, help me.

No comments: