Sunday, October 8, 2017

i need sleep

I need sleep.
I need
a good massage.
a kiss
on the back of my neck.
I need
a hot meal.
I need the person
I love to whisper
into my
ear
and say the words
I love you.
I need sincerity.
I could use a long vacation.
I could use some new
music too.
maybe a little
Italian sports car.
I need to not hear
a car horn barking
behind while
i'm in the slow lane.
I need to lose ten
pounds of unwanted fat.
I want
a miracle to happen.
I want a vision.
I want a goal for the day.
I want to pray about something
and get an immediate response.
I want a winning lottery
ticket.
I need someone to drive
me around
to take me places
I've never been.
I want a rib eye steak
with mushrooms and gravy.
garlic mashed potatoes.
an ice cold martini, shaken,
not stirred. I want what
I don't have,
I want to give away
what I do.
I need sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha. You want what we all want!