Monday, September 4, 2017

the hydrogen bomb problem

three people in my
neighborhood
have the hydrogen bomb now, 
so we're all a little nervous
and treating each other
with kindness, at least,
in front of them. I have
one too, but the HOA
grandfathered it in,
and I would never use
it for evil,
only good.
behind closed doors
we're a little worried.
we shake our heads
and say, what the hell
are we going to do now?
these people are nuts,
especially mildred.
they promise not to use them
unless absolutely
necessary, but who knows.
we're keeping our dogs
on a leash, and picking up,
and never
parking our cars in front
of their houses.
I tip my hat when I see
them, good day, I say.
my you're looking well.
splendid in fact,
lose weight?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome!👋😂

Di said...

Ha. a slice of American life.