Saturday, August 5, 2017

maple syrup from the north

I don't think much
about
Canada anymore, if ever,
hardly a thought crosses
my mind
about that country to the north.
I have nothing against it,
it's just so far away,
and cold
and rarely in the news.
someone did bring me
a bottle
of maple syrup
from there once.
she said it was the best
in the world.
it's somewhere in my cupboard,
still unopened,
the cap too tight to turn.
her name
escapes me, I think
she was from Ottawa,
or Nova Scotia.
she wore a pair of fur
lined boots
when it snowed,
and had a maple leaf
tattooed on her shoulder.
I should make some pancakes
one day
and try to get that bottle
open.

2 comments:

Dianne C. said...

You're funny. I'm sure you realize most of your poems have to do with women, unless you are in a bar talking to a friend about women. Or your buddies from school and the mischief you got into. You always brighten my day!

Anonymous said...

Your means oof describing all in this pieche of writing is really good, alll
can without difficulty know it, Thanks a lot.