Thursday, December 22, 2016

free range chickens

i'm in love with
a chicken farmer, she tells me.
I met him
online at farmers.com
well, not really met him,
we've been writing
to one another.
we may zoom at some point.
he sent me a picture of
his chickens.
and the eggs too.
some are white, some are brown.
he says that he
wants me to come
visit him on his ranch,
or farm,
whatever it is.
I told him that I have a fantastic
recipe for
chicken pot pies, which
upset him.
he said that he doesn't kill
his chickens,
he sells them and they
kill them.
he is very attached to his
chickens, they are almost
like children to him.
free range chickens, he calls
them.
they have the run of
the place.
he told me to not worry about
my shoes, he has
little slip on booties
to cover them up while
we walk around.

No comments: