Sunday, September 18, 2016

the fast begins

I decide to go on a fast
having read so much about
the benefits it provides,
but only
after this
last chocolate
covered donut
and glass of milk.
I shouldn't have eaten
three, but
people in some third world
country
or in oxon hill where I
grew up,
are hungry, not necessarily
starving,
but a tad hungry.
after I finish this
glazed donut though,
that's it.
a one week cleansing
of my body
and soul.
only water, no bread, no meat,
not pasta,
or pizza,
but then I notice
that I just opened
a bag
of waffle chips last night,
and what about that ice
cream in the freezer.
it might go bad.
not to mention
that left over rib roast
cover in foil
on the fridge shelf.
after I've taken care
of all of that, then
i'll fast.
i'll find my inner soul,
put on an orange
robe
and levitate.

No comments: