Saturday, September 10, 2016

doing time

when you get out of prison
she says
to me through the small
round hole in the
glass window,
things will be different.
how so, I ask her.
looking over at the guard
who taps his
baton in his large hand.
i'll be married then.
i'm having joe's baby.
what about us, I thought
you loved me.
I just can't wait anymore
she says.
I'm still young and have
a life to lead.
but I've only been in here
for a week.
yeah. I know. I was going
to tell you about joe,
but you had this time
to serve hanging over your
head. things happen,
i'm sorry. maybe if you hadn't
of stole that car, robbed
that bank things might have
been different.
yeah, i know. i had a bad
week. well I have to
go now, joe's waiting outside
we're going to target
to buy a crib and other
baby stuff. by the way
you look good. that orange
jumpsuit brings the color
out in your face.
oh, those are bruises.
I got beat up in the shower.
this morning.
oh well. you still
look good.
thanks.

No comments: