Saturday, April 23, 2016

the baby shower gift

maybe if you weren't so
lazy and stupid
you'd understand what i'm trying
to tell you,
your soul mate Carla
says to you
as you bend over and try to get
a knot our of your shoe.
you don't listen to me,
you never do, you just nod
and say okay, or uh huh.
you ignore me when i'm trying
to tell you something.
you know we have a baby shower
to go to today,
and you were supposed to pick
up a gift
at the baby store, but did you
do it? no. once again, you've
proven to me who you are.
now i'm stuck and off you go to
play softball with your equally
stupid friends.
what time will you be back?
i'm not cooking dinner tonight,
I won't have time.
I don't know, maybe never.
okay, well have fun.
kiss me on the cheek, I don't
want you to mess up my lipstick.

No comments: