Wednesday, March 23, 2016

three down

I have news, my friend tells me.
good news.
you'll appreciate what i'm
about to tell you.
I promise, he says.
I wait.
I keep working on the crossword
puzzle.
a six letter
word for not caring,
begins with an a.
you fill in the word,
writing apathy in ink,
which helps you with
the down clue
for the y.
a three letter word
for a milk that isn't
really a milk, and doesn't
come from a cow.
soy, you write.
don't you want to hear my
good news?
I look up, and say what?
what's the good news?
i'm giving my body to science.
I want them to use me.
my eyes, my heart,
and whatever recyclable
organs there are inside of me.
the second i'm dead it's all
there's for the taking.
that's nice, I tell him.
looking back at the crossword
puzzle. author of the Premature
Burial, three letters going down.
Poe you write.

No comments: