Thursday, August 13, 2015

getting the band back together

I miss the days
when I was the lead singer
in the group
called the donuts.
I've thought about getting
the band back
together for one last
world tour,
the world being southern
Maryland.
go back to our roots,
where we first started,
sunnybrook tavern
on indian head
highway.
we played some of our
best music back then,
and once got paid
in beer and onion rings.
I met my third wife
in there. under the dark
smoky lights.
she was a waitress slash
dancer who knew how to sing
as well dance, sometimes filling
in for someone
who quit or was unconscious
from a variety of substances
he may have consumed.
I miss those days,
and think of them fondly
as I sit out on
the front porch of the senior
home I live in,
strumming my electric guitar
and eating oatmeal.

No comments: