Saturday, July 4, 2015

the other side

the woman told me
on the phone that she could
channel the dead.
have a word or two
with the dearly departed.
I said, how much,
is it a long distance
call, or will
you Skype, or text,
perhaps e mail
your beloved friend.
she said I have my ways.
credit card number
and expiration date?
your friend is fine,
she said. we just had a nice
long chat.
she says hello and that
it's wonderful up here.
I miss you and don't worry.
what else?
that's about it, she
said. oh, and she said
that you need to get some
food in your refrigerator.
really, she said that.
no, she laughed.
I just made that part
up. she can't really see
you or anything.
it's not like they have
a glass floor up there.
let me know if you want to
talk to her again though.
we're open all night
and day.

No comments: