Saturday, June 6, 2015

the dancing nurse

i'm only doing this to get
through nursing school
ginger tells you on her break.
I don't like doing this,
but I do like to dance,
I just wish I didn't have
to take my clothes off.
i'd like to just get up
and dance. but then you
wouldn't make as many tips
you tell her. yeah, I know.
and I really want to be a
nurse one day. maybe a
even a doctor, or a brain
surgeon. cool, you tell
her sipping on your twelve
dollar beer and looking
at the next dancer
on the podium, shaking
herself crazily to a song
you've never heard before.
she wants to be a lawyer,
divorce lawyer to be exact,
lulu says, pointing to
the girl who is slipping
out of her underwear
and now tossing it into
the air. it lands on your
head, which makes the crowd
go wild. with two fingers
you pluck it off and toss
it back towards the stage.
is there anyone here that just
wants to be a stripper?
no, not really, she says.
but hey, nice chatting.
I have to get ready for
my next set. i'll give you
a lap dance later, if you
want. it's only a hundred
dollars, but i'll give you
one for fifty. I need to buy
books for my next semester
of classes.

No comments: