Sunday, May 31, 2015

i parked over there, i think

because you can't find
your car
you believe that it's been
stolen.
you walk and walk,
clicking your fob, no horn
no lights flashing.
you stare at your phone
and think about calling
the police.
maybe it's been towed
for some reason.
you shake your head
in the hot sun and wipe
your brow.
back and forth you go.
no car.
you switch the bag you
are carrying from hand to hand.
you swear and shake
your head.
has it come to this,
so soon. you flag down
a rent a cop
in a little buggy
to drive you around.
you compliment him on how
cozy his little ride his
and how nice and cool
the air conditioning feels.
what color is it, he says.
it's black you tell him
sheepishly, sort of new.
I think I parked it right
over there. maybe.
get closer.
it looks sort of like that one.
wait, let me out.
I think I that's it.

No comments: