Sunday, May 31, 2015

getting in the mood

let's take a separate vacation
this year, your sweetheart
says to you over morning coffee.
you look up over the edge
of the paper trying to gauge
her seriousness. okay, you say,
going back to the sports page.
I think we have more fun now
when we aren't together. you
have your friends and I have
mine and since we don't fool
around much anymore, well,
why not. it doesn't mean we
don't still love each other,
right? sounds good to me,
you tell her, already thinking
in your mind where you might
go. I can't believe you agreed
with me so quickly, she says,
banging her hand against
the table. I really
didn't mean that, I was just
testing you. I know, you
tell her. and I was testing
you. so we're even. by the way,
we fooled around last week,
I think it was sunday, so
it's not true what you were
saying about that. maybe we
can do it again tonight if you want.
after I cut the grass and
take a shower. before our
show comes on. okay, she says.
that sounds good, i'll shave
my legs later. I know how
you like that. I can hardly wait,
you say, turning to the metro
section.

No comments: