Thursday, November 13, 2014

i want my sherpa

halfway up
the mountain, you
turn to your Amazonian
friend
sally
and say why exactly
are we doing
this?
I'm cold, dizzy,
and I have a headache.
not mention
I can't breathe.
I'm afraid of heights,
did I tell you that?
oh, sally, can you
hear me? where are you?
you hear your voice
echoing down
the mountain side
as your teeth chatter.
I think I may have peed
my pants, sally.
I have an icicle
cutting into my leg.
if I take
another step
I might
throw up
those crackers
we ate for breakfast
at the camp commissary.
where the hell is
my Sherpa?
sally slams her ice
pic into the solid
wall of
the frozen cliff
and swings over
to you on a rope. here.
have a piece of gum.
it might settle
your stomach.
then she blows a
bubble popping it
while climbing to
the next jagged
rock with which to
sit on and take
another picture
for her facebook page.
you don't care.
you throw up.
much to the dismay
of the thirty seven
other climbers coming
up behind you.

No comments: