Wednesday, November 12, 2014

gin and tonic therapy

you see
your therapist
in a bar,
but she doesn't
see you.
she's been
drinking.
you can see her
talking to her
other therapist
friends.
they are laughing,
engaged in conversation,
so she doesn't see you
sidle up
and listen.
you dip your ear in
as you sip
your gin and tonic.
and then he says
something about
his mother,
she laughs.
his mother didn't
show him
any love or attention
when he was little.
can you believe it?
boohoo. poor baby.
hahaha.
they all start
laughing
and laughing.
some of them are
spitting out
their drink they are
laughing so hard.
his mother, can you
belive it
what a loser.
I can't help him,
he's lost, but
I can't tell him that,
I need the money,
I'm going
to alcapulco
this winter
with this other patient
I met. he's
got a yacht the size
of, well, it's big.
slowly you ease
away. you walk
outside and call
your mother,
you tell her
that you'll
see her on sunday
for dinner. meatballs,
right mom? should
I bring anything?
you forgive her,
finally.

No comments: