Friday, November 7, 2014

cat detective

how long has your cat
been missing.
two days.
what's his name.
joe.
joe?
yes joe.
you named your cat
joe?
yes, it was my
father's name.
I see.
does your
cat have any
enemies, anyone
that might want to
harm him.
there is a dog
around the corner
that barks at
the window when
he passes by and sees
joe on the sill.
what kind of dog
german shepard,
mix maybe. he has
big teeth and growls
a lot.
I see.
and your husband,
is he a cat
person?
not really, he'd
prefer a dog,
I think, but he'd
never harm joe.
where is he?
he's gone too.
are you going to look
for him as well?
no ma'am, just the
cat, that's not my
job here.
does your cat like
to get out
of the house, cat
around,
howl a lot?
sometimes, yes. but
he always comes
home after a night out.
I understand. he's
a cat, it's what
cat's do.
so, can you find him.
I miss him so much.
we'll see what we can
do. but if we can't
are you willing
to accept another cat,
adopt a stray
perhaps.
sure, maybe a black
and white one,
but declawed
and one that doesn't
howl as much
or tear up
the furniture. he'd
have to be potty
trained too.
do you think
you're husband may
have driven your
cat out to the country
and dropped him
off.
possible, she says,
closing her robe
and sitting down.
would you like to come
down to the station
with me and take a lie
detector test?
am I being arrested,
no ma'am, we just
need to ask you
some questions,
and your husband too.
but, he was a mean
cat, she says,
beginning to cry.
he pees everywhere,
and yesterday he tore
up the curtains.
look at them, they're
shredded.
turn around ma'am,
I need to put these
on you.



No comments: