Wednesday, October 1, 2014

my nigerian prince

the Nigerian
prince sends you an
e mail. the fourth
one this week.
he needs your account
information
to park his millions
in your bank.
god bless you, he says.
I will give you
twenty per cent
of my deposit, just
for letting me
use your account for
a day and a night.
the lord will rain
many blessing down
upon you, he writes.
you write back, how
do I know this isn't
one of those internet
scams that I've heard
so much about?
to which he replies,
god bless for being
my friend and helping
me. please send your
information along
and the money will
be transferred.
but, you write back
how do I know you aren't
some pimply teenager
in your mother's
basement sending these
e mails out to
thousands of people,
tricking them?
god bless you and your
family, he writes back.
the lord works
in mysterious ways
and he has led me to
you. your kindness
and friendship will not
go unrewarded.
account number, please,
kind sir, or ma'am.


No comments: