Saturday, July 19, 2014

the talk

I can see now why
you think
that.
of course I don't
agree, but
I respect your
feelings, and admire
your honesty.
I hope that
we can work things
out, but
if we can't the
door is always
open
for you to leave.
but remember, if
you do leave,
I can't promise
that i'll take
you back, or will
be here waiting
with open arms.
we've both made some
mistakes. but
we are only human,
well, I am, you're
still a dog.
a nice dog at that,
so don't take
it the wrong way.
I've always enjoyed
your company except
when you bark
too much at the tv.
like I said,
you want to jump
the fence and see what's
out there, go right
ahead. have fun.
but keep in mind what
I've just said.
here's a treat for
the road, and I'm
not asking you to sit
up, or roll over, or
play dead. I'm giving
you this treat because
I love you.

No comments: