Thursday, May 22, 2014

do you have windows?

the phone rings.
yes, you say, this
is he, although you
mangled both the first
and last name.
do I need windows?
I have them
right now, why?
why would you ask
me such a thing?
of course I have
windows. what house
doesn't. I don't
live in an igloo.
we'll maybe you need
some new ones,
the man on the line
says. it'll save
you money on
heat and air
conditioning.
they are easy to
close and open.
this month we have
a triple pane
special. tinted
an emerald green
they sound nice you
tell him. very nice.
I like that color
a lot. you look
at he clock on
the wall, you've
only been on the phone
for five minutes,
but your goal is
a solid hour.
tell me more about
the glass, you say,
pulling up a chair
and popping a beer.
is the glass hand
made by artisans
in venice? I have
a dog house in
the back yard. do you
make windows that small?
what about doors?
I have some doors I'd
like to change out too.
I want swinging doors,
like in a saloon. how
cool would that be?

No comments: