Wednesday, November 6, 2013

all your friends are there

you hate
facebook, okay hate
may be too strong of a word,
but it's a painful
thing to view
on a day to day basis.
it's not how shallow
and trivial
it is, it's something else.
it's not the pathetic
yearning of those
without real lives,
or the posted
cakes, the photos
of babies,
the vacations out
of state. it's something
else. the nosiness
of it all, perhaps.
the voyeuristic nature
of it all. the baby
bragging, the look at
me, look at me. please
look at me idea
of it all. so
don't poke me,
don't e mail me there,
don't tag me
in a stupid photo. I
still don't want to
go to the high school
reunion, jimmy, whoever
you are,
and no, I don't want
to be your friend
because we know someone
that we used to know.
if we are friends we'll
get together
and have dinner, and we
won't take a photo
of what we are eating,
where we are going,
and what we wore.
we will talk like human
beings, face to face.
remember those days?

No comments: