Tuesday, September 10, 2013

senior discount

the young man
at the window asks
you if you
want a senior discount
for your movie
ticket, which makes
you look over
your shoulder
to find the old
person he is talking
to. but there is
no one there.
me, you say, pointing
at your chest,
smirking. you think
i'm old? i'll have
you know that I
jogged three miles
over here, and this
morning I swam
a mile at the gym,
not to mention
biking the Appalachian
trail last weekend.
me, senior citizen?
surely you jest,
my young man.
yes or no, he says,
dead panned.
what's the difference
in price you ask,
which he tells you.
sure you say,
then slide the money
through the window.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad but true. I've occasionally succumbed to the discounts as well.

Wayne (56)

MMBear said...

LOL! Love this one! You know what they say...you're only as old as the women you date. ;) Take some 25 year old with you next time. :)-

Anonymous said...

Being a senior citizen has benefits.