Wednesday, July 3, 2013

saturday night?

mistakes were
made along the way.
words said
that shouldn't have
been said.
but we're only
human, or at least
some of us are.
we make
missteps, we make
bad choices.
everyone that is,
except you. yes
you. you know who
you are, and you
probably think
this poem is about
you, but it's not.
it's about me,
or who I used to
be. I've changed.
since 9 a.m.
this morning i'm
a different person.
more forgiving,
more kind to the unkind.
more tolerant
of the intolerant.
it's the coffee.
that second cup
of the morning that
puts a halo on me.
i'm turning over
not just a new leaf.
but uprooting the
entire tree. you'll
see. you'll coming
running back
begging for my
love and affection.
or maybe not
and if that's not
the case may you burn
in hell. I mean.
i'm sorry, I didn't
mean to say that.
really, I've changed.
Saturday night?

No comments: