Saturday, May 11, 2013

a fresh start

you give the
f.b.i.
a call and ask them
if they can put
you into a witness
protection
program.
you've committed
no crime, have
been a stellar
citizen,
you even recycle
when you think of
it, but you are just
tired of being
who you are.
you want a new life,
a new name. you
want to move
to a new neighborhood
where no one
knows you. someplace
with a warmer
climate, perhaps.
just a fresh start.
but they say no.
you have to be
in danger of some
group or organization
like the mob,
they tell you, plus
you have to give us
reliable information
which leads to
the conviction
of these people.
what about
the woman who doesn't
pick up after her
dog, you tell them.
I can give you everything
on her. I hate her.
the whole neighbor
hood despises her.
she's such a gossip
too. I see her
looking into my
windows when she
passes by with that dog.
everyday it does
it's business in my yard
and she leaves it there
for me to step in.
i'll even take pictures,
you tell them, but
no, they say. not
good enough.

1 comment: