Thursday, May 9, 2013

a blonde strand of hair

whose hair
is this she says
holding up
a long blonde strand
that she pulled
from the bathroom
sink. I have no
idea, you tell her.
could have
been there for
decades, maybe it's
yours. look at my
hair, she says,
waving the strand
in front of your
eyes. what color
is my hair. ummm,
black, you say,
sheepishly. with a few
white strands.
what, she says,
looking in
the mirror. I have
never had blonde hair.
never. now are
you going to tell
me what's going on,
or should I just
pack my bags,
put fluffy in the car
and leave?
okay, okay, you tell
her. I have a
confession, hold on
a second. i'll
be right back.
where are you going,
get back in here
and face the music.
hold on.
when you come back
into the bathroom
a few minutes later
you are wearing a
blonde wig, a dress
and heels. you
have a matching hand
bag under your
arm. oh my, she says.
I had no idea.
yeah, you tell her,
I've been meaning to
tell you, but couldn't
find the right moment.
well, she says
I guess that explains
the blonde hair.
by the way, where'd
you get those shoes.
I just love em. turn
around. nice.

No comments: