Tuesday, April 2, 2013

chemistry

I've been married
five times, she says,
and i'm not afraid
of doing it again.
one was a writer,
a very
good writer,
he kept me entertained
and smiling,
another knew
how to cook a soufflé,
the things he could
do in the kitchen
would amaze you,
in fact it's how
I gained all this weight.
another was
a wonderful
lover, he wore me out
with his lovemaking,
i'd pretend to be sleeping
or sick, just to
push him away, while the
fourth
had a winning
personality and
a trust fund.
what about the fifth
one, you ask, she
sighs, looks off
into the distance and says,
I loved him the most,
but he was good for
nothing. he had no
skills, never read
a book, was selfish
and sad, but he was just
like me in so many ways,
we had chemistry.
he was the one that
got away.

No comments: