Saturday, July 30, 2011

rorshach testing

okay, now tell
me the first thing
that comes into your
mind when you look at
this ink splotch.
it looks like a giant
black spider's web
with a little
helpless fly stuck
in the middle, but i
don't say that, instead
i say, do you mind
if i go to the bathroom
first, i had a grande
coffee about an
hour ago, and i really
really have to go.
but we are in the middle
of this experiment,
your therapy depends
upon the outcome
of your responses
to these selected series
of ink splotches,
and you've already
seen the first one
and you haven't told
me what you think.
okay, okay, the first
thing that comes
into my mind when
i look at this crazy
abstract ink spill,
is, umm, my mother
calling me on the phone.
can i go to the bathroom
now. sure, go ahead.

No comments: