Thursday, April 14, 2011

bus ride

move over,
just an inch
or two, i know
it's bouncy and
all, and when the
driver takes a sharp
turn you can't help
but lean into me, i
mean it's okay if
you do, i understand
how hard it is
to hold on when you
have that bag of chips
in your hand and a tuna
sandwich that you
brought from home,
but just an inch,
that's all the room
the room i need
to get comfortable.
it's going to be a
long trip getting to
the city, and truthfully
i'm not used to
being around people,
having them share
my space, enter
my zone, my circle
of privacy. so
just slide over
a tad, and we'll
get along fine,
try not to touch
me either when you
point out the window
and want me to
look at a cow standing
in a field, okay?
so, if it's okay with
you, no talking
and no, i don't want
a stick of gum. you
can't borrow my phone,
and no, we can't
be facebook friends
either.

No comments: