Wednesday, March 2, 2011

writing workshop

she wants me
to read her script,
her new screen play
about love and life
and death. that about
covers it all, i
say. how many pages
is it, and she says
alot. i've been
working on it for
years and years. i
don't know i say,
and yawn, and stretch
and go stand by
the window with
a persian cat in
my arms. i'm bored
with everything you
say, so why will
this be anything
different. but it's
my masterpiece, she
says. please, won't
you read it and tell
me what you think.
i read everything of
yours, everything. i
comment and praise
the brilliance of
your poetry and prose
on a daily basis.
understandable, i say.
okay. just leave it
on the table. i'll
think about it. now
please go. i'm thinking
about something
which doesn't involve
you and you're
distracting me from
my creative process.

No comments: