Friday, February 11, 2011

sweet talk

the cop
in her black
leather coat
and fuzzy cap,
with boots
like a soldier
waves me down with
her radar gun
and asks me,
leaning into
my half unrolled
window if i have
any idea how
fast i was going.
and i tell her, no
i don't have
a clue, but i
do tell her
that she is very
attractive
for a policewoman
and that her
skin is radiant
that she should
have been a movie
star if not for
a few twists of
fate that brought
her out here
on this cold
febraury day with
a badge and a gun
some pepper spray
and a billy club
strapped to her
slender waist.
she smiles. her
teeth are as
white as ivory
behind her red
lipsticked lips,
really? she says.
yes. really, i
say. you should
move to the west
coast. not later,
but like right now.
i make a square
with my fingers
and thumbs, putting
her into the frame.
wow. i say. whew.
she folds up her
ticket book, looks
both ways down
the street and
says, no fine
sweetie, here's my
card call me.
let's do lunch.
great, i say. feel
free to bring
those cuffs too,
i tell her, then
hit the gas and go.

No comments: