Friday, February 18, 2011

springhill romance

you left your teeth
on the nightstand
last night, in a glass
tumbler that i use
for scotch and soda,
smudged with your
lipstick and finger
prints. how are you
getting through
the day without them,
those teeth?
breakfast was easy,
with oatmeal and juice,
but we're having corn
on the cob today
in the cafeteria
and burgers on a hard
roll with onion
rings. i must say,
it surprised me when
you took them out.
they looked so real
when you smiled. i
didn't see that coming.
and i apologize for
screaming like i did.
and by the way,
i can't find my hair
piece, my brown
toupee, did you happen
to take it with you?
i won't leave my room
without it.

2 comments:

Sara Leigh said...

This made me smile.

Anonymous said...

Made me laugh out loud, in the vernacular of my grown young adults -- rolling on the floor good.