Tuesday, October 12, 2010

tough love

i went out and
got me sixty minutes
of tough love
therapy the other
night. it did a world
of good. she held
a mirror up to my
face, took me by
the collar, splapped
me around a little
and said something
like "what the hell
is wrong with you boy,"
although in more
theraputic terms.
and after i blabbed
about my mother, my
father, and every
relationship disaster
i've ever had
that went down the
drain because of my
selfish stupidity,
she shook her head
and said loudly,
"jesus, mary
and joseph you
are a mess,"
she took a swing at
me, but missed.
she said everything
i needed to hear, brutally,
then stood up, held out
her hand for money,
and before she kicked
me down the stairs
she told me i definitely
needed another session.
maybe three or four.
so i'm going back
next thursday. whew.
i can't wait!

No comments: