Sunday, June 6, 2010

pennywise

i'm saving
time by
taking the
shortcut
around traffic,
i'm saving
money by
buying pecans
in bulk.
gallons of
milk and vodka,
instead of
quarts.
i'm saving
energy
by turning
down
the thermostat
or up
depending on
the season
and which
way the wind
blows. i'm
waiting for it
to rain to wash
my car, to
take a shower.
i'm living in
the dark, reading
by flashlight.
i'm getting a
cat, instead
of a dog, one
that doesn't shed.
i'm cutting
coupons,
gathering bonus
points with
each purchase.
i'm going slower,
staying
in the right
lane, i'm
wearing clothes
that have
gone out of
style, shoes
that are worn
thin. i'm
cutting my
own hair,
doing my own
dentistry,
using webmd
to determine my
fate. but most
important
of all, i'm
saving my
saturday nights
just for you.
aren't you lucky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No..... aren't YOU lucky!

Pixie in Purcellville (aka Kim)

(kswpixie@msn.com)

Stephen Chute said...

there is no such thing as luck.