Tuesday, April 20, 2010

the artisan sandwich

in my white chef's hat
i am making myself a sandwich.
yes. an artisan sandwich, hand
crafted with artisan bread.
bread i baked with my bare
hands in my own oven,
and the ham is home grown,
i raised the pig from scratch,
hand carved him in my kitchen.
gently though so as not to
make the other pigs angry.
an angry pig makes tough meat.
that fluffy green lettuce grew
right in my back yard right
next to the tomato plant.
plucked with my own hands.
i churned the milk
to make the cheese that you see
in slender slices,
so yellow and pungent on top
of the ham. i can hardly stand
to eat this sandwich, i am
so proud of it, the art work
and creativity that it took.
so i take a picture of it, with
the light behind it, black
and white, color. i'm going to
wash it all down with the artisan
beer i have fermenting in my tub,
also hand crafted, a brew unlike
any other, but with the slight
taste of soap.

No comments: