Sunday, October 4, 2009

To whom it may concern:

If and when we go back
to the moon, to the icy
white dust laden surface,
barren for a million years,
or more, could they please
do one simple thing first,
for me, and pay for my
son's college education.
In the great scheme
of things, it's not too much
to ask, perhaps eighty
grand for four years
including tuition, housing
and a good meal plan.
He doesn't need much
and the moon landing will
be in the billions of dollars.
Could they just take a small
chunk out of that sum
and send it to me. I don't
want any stinking moon
rocks, nor do I need
anymore photos of the granite
landscape, or the astronauts
hopping around like bunnies
on the surface. How many
more pictures of the earth
from space do we need.
We have them. Who cares.
There has to be hundred
thousand or so lying around
they can spare. Go slower,
save fuel, circle once, not
twice, take two men instead
of three, eat light. Stay
for a night or two, not the
entire week. Oh there
are ways to save, think about
it. We've been there and done
that over and over, but I
only have this one son.
And we could really use
the cash. Thank you, I'll
be waiting for your answer.

No comments: