Thursday, October 8, 2009

Postcard From Miami

I like to go to Miami for the winter,
to get away from the snow and ice,
the grey slush that's piled and melting
on the street. I like to stay in a plush
hotel on south beach and lie on the warm
coast until I'm the color of a coconut.
I enjoy the topless scenery, the calm
green blue water that laps upon
the white sand. I like to sip a frothy
drink and snack on slices of melon, eat
chips with guacamole dip. I'm very
relaxed at the beach knowing how cold
it is up north. It's so quiet, well except
for the nightclubs on the strip where
the women dance on top of the bars
and shake all night long to the beat
of the conga drums, and moracas.
I wish though that I hadn't forgotten
my cell phone charger. My phone is
completely dead, that's why you
haven't heard from me, but don't get
me wrong, I haven't forgotten you.
Once I get settled in I'll send for you.
I'll wire you the cash so that you can
fly down and meet me. I'll send a cab
to pick you up at the airport. I think
you're special and that this could be
the best vacation ever. Just give me
a week, or so to get organized
and unpacked. All the best. XOXO.

No comments: