Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Spam

Don't bother me
with your new
religion, your politics
and certanties, your
whole earth catalogue,
your gardening tips,
your fat reducers.
Leave me alone
with your new products.
Stain removers,
teeth whiteners, breath
fresheners. Save me
from life insurance,
extra mileage additives,
and foreign language
tapes that promise
Italian in an hour.
Don't knock at my
door smiling with
pamphlets and books,
coupons, samples
of soap, samples of
salvation, redemption
and hope.
Don't tell me how
to extend my sex life,
enlarge me, how to
prolong the moment.
Please don't tell me what
I need to know, or who
to know, or where to go
on my next vacation, or
what pill to swallow
to clear my skin, or make
me sleep, or wake me up
or regrow my hair.
Save your jokes, your
news, your daily devotional
blessings, your funny
moments and pet photos,
the cute kids
for someone else.
Please don't press that
button and forward me
anything. I beg of you.

1 comment:

Sara Leigh said...

Well done. I think that about covers it. If only it were that easy to get them to stop.