Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Christmas Card

Hey sis, it's me, Rita, I love you
and miss you so much.
I've got some wonderful news.
I'm thinking that we might make
the drive down this year for a holiday
visit. It's so much fun seeing you
and the family. We'll bring the kids,
they're getting so big now, and
the dog. Maybe John's mother
would like to come too. She's
not feeling all that well and has
this terrible cough and a horrible
rash that covers her entire body,
but once she takes her pills
in the evening she's out like a light.
Sometimes she coughs so hard
that I think her eyeballs are going
to pop right out of her head.
Don't worry though she won't eat
much, I bring her those little jars
of baby food. And the kids, they
love those video games so they'll
be out of the way most of the time.
The oldest, James, has this new
girlfriend. She's in a band and has
a metal toothpick sticking out of one
eyebrow, the infection has pretty
much gone away, but she's really sweet.
There's a tatoo of a scorpion on
her lower back. The little ones think
it looks like a lobster, but you can
hardly see it unless she's wearing
those low cut jeans they like to wear
now. She wants to come too, she just
loves Christmas. Her and James
spend hours together in his bedroom
writing songs. Crazy kids. I'm making
those delicious turkey kabobs
that everyone seems to like,
including your dog Rex. I
remember the year he knocked
the entire tray over in the kitchen.
I'm so sorry that he got sick beneath
the tree. You always have such
a beautiful tree with those lights
and all, and that angel on the top.
Whenever I see a Christmas angel
on top of a tree I think of you, sis.
And please don't bother with gifts
this year. John lost his job down
at the tire plant and I haven't been
selling much herbal life these days.
So we can't bring anything, but
if you do decide to do gifts I'll
send you a list later as to what
we all want. Oh, and one more
thing. John's brother Ray, is out
of prison and has been living with
us. He's doing much better and
is seeing his psychiatrist on a
regular basis. He's tested
drug free for months now.
The murder charges
have all been dropped.
We are so happy for him. He
might just tag along. Well,
I guess that's it for now. I hope
this card finds you well
and that once again we can share
this joyous Xmas together
as one big happy familly. By
the way, what is your e mail
address? All the messages keep
bouncing back. Hmmm, I don't
know what's up with that. Anyway,
I love you baby girl and we hope
to see you soon, your sister, Rita.

2 comments:

sparrow said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

i would like to send my xmas letter out before halloween, as i tend to do to avoid the rush...may i borrow this one ifn i change the names???